Monday, August 3, 2009

first day of school

It finally happened, that dreaded first day of first grade. Luckily, this day was only dreaded by me, not by Ethan. I had a lot of anxiety about Ethan being gone the whole day, and even got a little teary about it on a couple of occasions, so I was a little worried about how I was going to react on the actual day. I was in charge of carpool that week so I decided to let the boys ride their scooters to school while I ran with Hallie and Dylan in the stroller. Those boys are fast on those scooters and by the time we got to school I was hot and sweaty. There was a lot of commotion with all the first graders and their parents trying to figure out which line their child was supposed to stand in and before I knew it Mrs. Knowles came and led Ethan's class into the school. I didn't even have time to feel sad right then, although it hit me a little on the long walk back home. It was a long day so I baked cookies for his arrival home. I expected Ethan to have really missed me but when I picked up the car pool the first thing he did was ask if he could play with friends, and he didn't even want a cookie. I guess it was a much longer day for me than for him!


Ethan * Marshall * Easton

No comments: